Life is full of many surprises. Above all, it’s full with many simple pleasures. Some that I take for granted, some that I don’t appreciate enough. And finally, some that just happens to happened. Today, I’m going to share a few the notes I made over the last few years in my “Positive Thoughts/Memories” book.
- It’s not about the food you eat, but the people you share the food with.
- That moment when you find extra money you hid away.
- When you and your friend unanimously sing together to the song playing on the radio.
- Laughing so hard over nothing, but just because you wanted too and needed a good laugh.
- Going on a road trip without a destination with your friends just because you all aren’t really going anywhere but needed to escape for moment.
- When your friend is too busy reading a text/texting and almost walk into the opposite gender’s restroom.
- Realizing that you and your friends are lost, but just happy to be together.
- Laughing at your friend when they trip then asking them if they’re okay. Of course it’s payback because they did the same to you.
- Waking up late to day that you have nothing plan for.
- Receiving a letter/card in the mail.
- The morning when your dog decides not to bark at 6 am and lets you sleep in.
- The morning/night when you can just reheat leftovers for a meal because cooking is too much work and so is driving.
- Having a marathon watching your favorite shows miraculously without any interruption.
- Just listening to the soothing and calming raindrops putting you to sleep at the right moment.
- Teaching your younger sibling to drive, only at the end you’re the one to get the car out of the ditch and left with mini consecutive heart attacks.
- When your dog just cuddle with you on the bed after a long tiring day.
- Turning the TV right on time for your favorite show when you forgot about it.
- Waking up to find written sticky notes from your younger siblings asking you to open a jar of pickles because they couldn’t and they didn’t want to wake you up at 5:30 am.
- Having a drawing competition with your siblings and you’re the only goofing around while they’re all taking it semi-seriously.
- That cluster of students that brings down the class average on a test and the professor gives everyone a curve.
These are some life’s simple pleasures that encompasses mine, my family, and friends’ lives. I can go on and on because I have an extensive list, but I’m not. Maybe another time. Remember life is about appreciating the big things and the small things.
Leave a Reply